Sunday, March 15, 2009

Do You Hear What I Hear

After a morning of poor listening…
Daddy: “What is it that I just told you?”
Morgan: Puts her finger to her mouth as if to indicate to be quiet.
Daddy: As that wasn’t even close to what Daddy said, he responds with “We’re going to need to get your ears checked because I’m not sure if you aren’t hearing me or if you just don’t care.”
Morgan: “I just don’t care.”
Daddy: “Well, I guess that clears things up.”

Which we really don't think is the case because we "tested" her by asking her things like would she like M&Ms with her lunch, etc. and she didn't respond. When we asked her what we said, she responded, "I don't know I couldn't hear you. You have to say it louder." Needless to say we'll be having her ears checked. She recently had them checked at school, and we didn't get a follow-up report, so I'll be calling the daycare director tomorrow to see what those results were. Garrett has a follow-up appointment on Tuesday to have his chest "x-rayed" again so I'll be able to talk to our PCP at that time.

2 comments:

  1. Your children are precious and I love how you write down the things that they say! I find that so funny and I love the comments kids come up with. Your daughter is so grown up since the last time I saw her and such a sweetheart....I can't wait to meet little man. I have a couple of boys who would love to play with him. It is amazing how they change your world isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They are very sweet children with such pleasant personalities! I write down what they say because when they get older I want them to see just how precious they were when they were little and I don't want to forget a single moment I had with them. I'm sure Garrett will love to play with Christopher and Nico. Morgan and I were looking at your blog and Facebook this evening and she was very interested in who your children were. Mostly she wanted to know when they were coming over so she could play with them! We can't wait until we move home and can spend time with your whole family.

    ReplyDelete